typecrazy789 wrote:
>  I'd have a tag for the 50s, for the 60s, and then the 70s, so I can't
> really use the genre tags to view entire albums since again I routinely
> split a disc into several genres. I'm realizing what you're suggesting
> might be the only way to do what I'm after, though.

Hmmm
you really should use the database features from lms and fill the tags
from your library.

eg:
'This'
(http://your.lms.server.ip:9000/advanced_search.html?action=saveSearch&search.me_titlesearch=&search.contributor_namesearch=&search.contributor_namesearch.active1=1&search.contributor_namesearch.active2=1&search.contributor_namesearch.active4=1&search.contributor_namesearch.active5=1&search.album_titlesearch=&search.year.op=BETWEEN&search.year=1950-1959&search.content_type=&search.url=&searchType=Track)

Would list all of your files between 1950-1959.

Since the id of a genre like jazz depends on your library - and its not
always the same -so that exapmle cant show everything you can search via
its a quite easy try it