Any crossfade option in use ? I think these should be disabled.

What is the player ? If player is Squeezelite based then it can be setup
to upsample

LMS can eb setup to upsample on the fly - there have been threads on
this in the past.

edit:
bpa wrote:

> Just noticed your sig - player is probably PCP in which case upsampling
> in the player would be the simplest if all other LMS efforts fail.

Yes. In this case I am using the Squeezelite player of PCP. However, I
am also streaming from this LMS to other devices.
So I like the idea of upsampling with the player on PCP.
I did a quick test with parameter   -r 96000.   Conversation works fine.
But there is still some negotiations happing with the DAC resulting in
missing somd split seconds.
Well. Samplesize is also different 16 and 24.
I will do some further tests and move this subject to the other forum.

LMS would be the second best option.

Living Room / Hifi: piCorePlayer 4.0.0 on rPi 3B+ & Allo DigiOne & 1TB
USB (LMS 7.9.2 & Squeezelite) & Keces DC-116, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock,
Rega DAC R, Rotel RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III
Bedroom: Boom
Kitchen: Radio
Spare: SB3, Touch