mherger wrote:
> > Is clearing the ...cache/Templates directory completely a safe thing
>
> Yes.
>
> > do?  It solved my problem, but I was somewhat nervous about it.
> There
> > were two other subdirectories in there that did not get regenerated,
> one
> > 'opt' (containing an old, different, version of LMS) and the other
> > 'storage' (which is also the name of a root directory that contains
> my
> > 'music' directory as well as other stuff).
>
> The folder structure would indeed represent the folder structure where
> your LMS or plugins are stored. But it's only to map the folders,
> wouldn't be links or the like.
>
> > Assuming it is safe to clear this out, is it recommended whenever
> > installing a new version?  If so, could the installation process do
> that
> > automatically?
>
> It shouldn't be necessary. I can't remember having seen this odd
> behaviour in a long, long time (if at all).
>
> --
>
> Michael
OK - thanks.

LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.