steve-g wrote:
> There must be some reason why a Database Optimize step is done -
> otherwise why include it?
>
> So I consider the fact that It's stopped doing it as a problem - is it?

If you take a look in all the lms Versions and its predecessors there is
always an improvement.

In my earliest days i had a own post scan procedure that did some db
maintenance after a scan.
And these steps always cuts a huge amount of data out of the db.

Since a long time ago Michael did change mostly everything about sqlite
and how the db is filled.
Now my "old post procedure" is almost useless - cause lms fills the db
in a better way.

In shorter words  no it isnt a problem - other problems are solved and
now that step isnt really needed anymore.
The reason for different behavior in rescan and scan from scratch is -
its a completly different kind of flying alltogether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qNtyfZP8bE