janpeeters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to have LMS update the library instantly
> as soon as new files are added?
> I know I can set a time at which the Media Library is rescanned daily
> but nothing that monitors changes and updates immediately.
>
> Thanks for any ideas/answers.
>
> Jan

The Autorescan plugin does this.

On linux you'll need Perl:Linux:Inotify2 installed

On pCP you just need the plugin as Inotify2 is installed by defualt (I
Think if not can be installed from extensions)

Not sure about LMS on other OSes

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS