RobbH wrote:
> And easier still to navigate to the added or modified folders in "Music
> Folder" and force those to update.

Which is an excellent idea IMHO. I do that every time I've added or
changed some album or tracks (and no need to force anything, simply open
the album in the "Music Folder" menu). Perfect when I've done some
simple change like added or replaced the album cover graphic. It's
quick, only affect that album and nothing else AFAICT.
I rarely use the full re-scan, perhaps once a year at most, and never
the partial re-scan.

2 Touch, 1 Picoreplayer 4.1.0 on RaspBerry 3B with 7" display
LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz,
2GB
All wired