streifenleopard wrote:
> Hi Gary
> By this I mean that Podcast development seems to stagnate and that
> people seem to prefer streaming music or other radio content.
> Also I think a lot of people tend to prefer video over audio podcasts
> now that bandwidth is hardly an issue any more.
> And I think that podcast apps on android are not as good as they could
> be maybe because many providers focus on their single-podcast app like
> BBCplayer or whatever.
> In addition I observe that little attention seems to be given to
> podcasts on LMS whereas i think a lot of effort goes into spotify etc
> apps.
> I might be wrong though but this is what I think I observe.

Thanks.  Hard to say. For me and my acquaintances, podcast listening has
never been greater and we are constantly finding new podcasts to listen
to (and new podcasts are constantly coming out).  My wife has
practically stopped watching TV so she can keep up with her podcasts.

LMS is a different story. The underlying product has long been
discontinued so we're lucky that they allow one developer, Michael, to
occasionally work on LMS to keep things working. He has made spotify
work and done some work to make podcasts play that had quit playing.

Haven't used android, but the free podcast app on my iphone works
perfectly. It consolidates 100s of podcast shows, automatically
downloads new shows, deletes listened to shows, saves one's place in a
show if not finished so you can start where you left off.  In short, it
functions very well as a podcast manager, at least for use on my iphone,
where I do most of my podcast listening while exercising or traveling.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify