carlmart wrote:
> This is where you are wrong.
No you are wrong

> LMS would work very badly as server, so it's not an option.

Wrong
LMS IS A Server its in the name "Logitech Media SERVER"

> You can't use SATA 3.5" HDDs with it, which is where my data is and will
> be. Certainly not an option.

Wrong,
use a USB to SATA adaptor, I do

> There's a PiCorePlayer tutorial showing how to do that, but the tutorial
> fails to explain how to use PCP with an external server.
Wrong,
picoreplayer as default install canONLY use another server unless you
add the LMS

> but the problem IS certainly related to PCP, no matter how you insist in
> saying it's not.

Wrong,
you can install LMS without ANY player and it will work so the
picorePLAYER (Clues in the name) is not an issue

> It's about how to use PCP with an external LMS server.
Wrong,
You're having trouble installing the LMS server on a PC

When you have 5 posts on this forum and you're telling Slarti,Greg and I
that have nearly 5000 between us who do you think maybe right ?

BTW you might want to get a newer LMS version

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS