gustavm wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been running LMS on a Pi2 for a number of years. Has worked
> reliably but quite slow to update after adding new FLAC files, and
> sometimes not quite as responsive as I'd like. I had been thinking of
> changing to a Pi3, but now that the Pi4 is available was wondering about
> that.
>
> Should it just work fine on that with most recent LMS version, or are
> there any differences I need to take note of?
>
> I'm not very Linux savvy, in the past have just followed the various
> instruction threads.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice...

Do you run picoreplayer at the moment ?

There are reports on here that say pcp 6.0.1 runs LMS well on Pi4 and is
fast

Heat has been discussed as well due to the Pi4's CPU

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS