gustavm wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been running LMS on a Pi2 for a number of years. Has worked
> reliably but quite slow to update after adding new FLAC files, and
> sometimes not quite as responsive as I'd like. I had been thinking of
> changing to a Pi3, but now that the Pi4 is available was wondering about
> that.
>
> Should it just work fine on that with most recent LMS version, or are
> there any differences I need to take note of?
>
> I'm not very Linux savvy, in the past have just followed the various
> instruction threads.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice...

Been running LMS on a PI3 for quite sometime. Scans are slow as music
library is not local to the Pi but  located on a NAS. What I thought was
slow search times etc. actually turned out to be my Squeeze Ctrl remote
control app. When searching directly from the browser everything is
pretty snappy.

Running a  later nightly build on top of Max2play with at least 6
players scattered throughout the house.

2 CHAN. SYSTEM
SB3->Benchmark DAC-1-> Bryston(BP-25,3B)->PMC TB2
HOME THEATER SYSTEM
SB2-> Bryston(SP1,4B,4B,2B,2B)-> PSB Stratus Goldi
BASEMENT SYSTEM
Duet-> Parasound Preamp (carver M1.0t) ->Klipsch La Scala's
BEDROOM SYSTEM
SB2-> Sony BoomBox
REAR DECK/PATIO
Duet-> Yamaha Reciever-> PSB Mini's,