I have been running a Pi4 w/4G of RAM in the new Flirc case as a
Max2play LMS for approx. 24 hrs. So far so good, initial music scan
(from remote  mounted file system on co-located  NAS) took about 82
minutes for  90K songs. On the Pi3 the scan I believe was around 4
hours.  Temperature has been hovering around 40-44C  sitting in a
communications rack in my basement with an ambient room  temp of  20C.
Earlier it was in my office upstairs and during the music scan I seen
temps in the range of 50C with an ambient room  temp likely around 24C.
I have a Pi3 in a stock Pi plastic case with a small heat sink on the
CPU sitting next to the Pi4 in the com rack and it is also showing temps
around 43C.  As expected, everything is "snappy" . I will sync 5 or 6
squeezebox's later and see if that creates any type of load on the
little guy.

Over all very impressed. I will brun it in for a week or two, and if
everythting gores well I will repurpose the Pi3 LMS for something else.

sfraser

2 CHAN. SYSTEM
SB3->Benchmark DAC-1-> Bryston(BP-25,3B)->PMC TB2
HOME THEATER SYSTEM
SB2-> Bryston(SP1,4B,4B,2B,2B)-> PSB Stratus Goldi
BASEMENT SYSTEM
Duet-> Parasound Preamp (carver M1.0t) ->Klipsch La Scala's
BEDROOM SYSTEM
SB2-> Sony BoomBox
REAR DECK/PATIO
Duet-> Yamaha Reciever-> PSB Mini's,