It’s an ASUS RT-AX88U replacing an RT-AC86U as it’s 2.4Ghz WiFi had
died.

I think I have solved it with your prompts on the IP range so I checked
all settings again there. I don’t know how I managed it but I had set up
DHCP server to start at 192.168.0.50 rather than 192.168.0.2. My server
and SBs  have reserved addresses in that range (that I had copied from
outgoing 86U) and I’m guessing that was causing the partial working.

That solved the wired SBs but the wireless ones were still playing up.
After playing with various settings I found that they didn’t like Asus’s
Smart Connect (smartly (?) switches clients between 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi).
Switching that off allowed them to connect again. 30 mins uptime so
looks promising!

Thank you for the help all - much appreciated.

HB

1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology
DS2419+ and LMS 7.9.2 (pinkdot)