r11bordo wrote:
> ...Finally, has somebody tried to install a LMS server on a HS-251 or a
> HS-453DX model ?

I have my HS-453DX installed and QLMS up and running fine! Very happy so
far. I have only done some very simple playback tests so far (using a
squeezebox touch) and no issues (been away on holiday so no time for
more).

I have an Allo USBridge Signature & Shanti LPS in transit and due very
soon that will be my primary player for my new HS-453DX in my main hi-fi
setup (both to replace my current Vortexbox).

I have not tried (as yet) to do playback direct from the HS-453DX via
USB to my DAC (Oppo BDP-105D). But expect even if that works likely
noisy and not as good as via the Allo USBridge Signature (or the SOtM
USB card output I currently have installed in my existing Vortexbox LMS
server that the HS-453DX will replace)...

-Primary Hi-Fi:- VortexBox LMS with SOtM tX-USB; Cirrus ESS Sabre32 DAC
(Oppo BDP-105D),Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9
monitors.
-Secondary Hi-Fi:- Squeezebox Touch with Focal XS Book
powered speakers.
-Hi-Fi Peripherals:- iPad & iPhones with iPeng,
Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 LE Headphones.

- Hi-Fi 1: VortexBox LMS/SOtM tX-USB; Oppo Cirrus ESS Sabre32 DAC
  (BDP-105D), Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9s.
- Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch/Focal XS Books.
- Hi-Fi 3: iPad/iPhones & iPeng, Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
- HT Extras: Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K, PS3/PlayTV; Focal SM6s (1
  Twin6, 2 Solo6, 2 Sub6).
- Display: Sony 55" 4K KD-55X8500C LED.
- Accessories: Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul IC; Blue Jeans &
  Ruleconnect Power, USB, HDMI & Digital cables; Thor PS10 Power; Aurios
  & Vibrapods.