As you are on a QNAP and setting up your system, you could run
'digimaster's QLMS' (https://www.qnapclub.eu/de/qpkg/545). I would guess
that you're still using SSOTS or whatever that was called.

I never completely understood how QNAP is managing permissions
(especially when Windows is involved). It may be set up in a way that
Windows is managing the permissions. But you say you still have access
to your files, so I guess it's QNAP only managing the permissions. I can
only describe how it's done on my NAS, some things may be named
differently on your system.

- Log on to your NAS
- Go to Control Panel
- Go to Shared Folders
- Click on Edit Shared Folder Permissions
- Find you music library
- Give Read Only access to user "squeezeboxserver" (set "Apply changes
  to files and subfolders")
- Click "Apply"
- Find your playlist library
- Give Read/Write access to user "squeezeboxserver" (set "Apply
  changes to files and subfolders")
- Click "Apply"

If it's completely different on your system, you could use WinSCP
instead to log on to your NAS, then set the permissions for your music
library directory (you'll have to find it first. Check "Information" in
LMS' settings to see what path is used.), to "everyone", owner is your
user, octal 0775. and tick "Set group, owner and permissions
recursively. Do the same for your playlist directory, but with
"squeezeboxserver" as the owner and 0777 octal.

Then try again.

QLMS 7.9.3@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4