notechyet wrote:
> Hi All
> I have just managed to setup my old SB classic again with the LMS on a
> laptop. All is working well incl. Spotify.
> During my LMS setup searches I have read here and there a bit regarding
> setting up a LMS on Raspberry. For a long time I have been thinking to
> get a Raspberry Pi for Pi-Hole.
> Now would be the time for me to get both setup. Would someone be able to
> elaborate a bit how to go about it as I am thinking about a RB pi 4b??
>
> Thanks in advance

There are several ways to run LMS on a Raspberry Pi. I've been using a
Raspberry Pi model 3 as a server for some time now. In my case I have
the music library on a NAS, and both the NAS and the PI are wired to the
router. The Pi is running piCorePlayer - setup is quite easy and there
are threads in the Linux/Unix forum here. See also
http://www.picoreplayer.org/ I've found that keeping LMS and its plugins
updated is very easy (easier than when I ran LMS on the NAS).

My Pi-based LMS server is just a Pi model 3 in a cheap plastic case that
sits on top of the NAS. I have never used a Pi4, but I've read concerns
about its running temperature so you may need to investigate different
cases from that perspective.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2  with files on QNAP
TS-251A
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare
Pi2/piCorePlayer
*Office:* LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3
with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob