It sounds you had the QLMS upgrade to trigger an upgrade of LMS to 8.0.
That happened to me and I got similar problem like you describe.

You can try to start in failsafe mode manually, that will probably work.
If it does it means that you have some plugins that don’t run with LMS
8.0.

You can downgrade to LMS 7.9.3, see a few post up for how to do that
(edit the config file).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
Services: LMS 7.9.3 by  QLMS 2.10.06   'QLMS at QNAP club'
(https://www.qnapclub.eu/sv/qpkg/545)
Squeezebox:  6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic, 1x Touch
Controller:  iPeng on iPad and iPhone, Spotify by Spotty