kidstypike wrote:

> I have 2 Raspberry Pi,s with 7" pi screens/piCorePlayer, both use one of
> '*these*'
> (https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLIRC-generation-universal-control-receiver/dp/B01NBRBWS6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=185DE4T5VOW38&dchild=1&keywords=flirc+usb&qid=1585934383&sprefix=flirc%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-2)
> with my existing squeezebox remotes.

Are you using those with 'this style case that @chill flush mounted'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111764-Raspberry-Pi-official-touchscreen-flush-mounting)?
I'd love to see photos. I think I'm finally about to build a touchscreen
PcP and was planning on that case. My first thought for IR was to try to
3D print a piece to sit in the camera holder at the top, something with
a hole for the bubble lens one of those IR receivers. The IR receiver
would go on the back of the printed piece, and a second printed piece
would go behind the IR receiver, to hold it in place and cover the
electrical leads.

BTW, I think this project looks pretty good for making more room for DAC
HATs inside that case: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2268017

owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
(which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much
time on the forums.
*Free plugins:* AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu
DenonSerial
FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock