tw99 wrote:
> Thanks for posting. I am going to be doing an install on Ubuntu 20 soon,
> so it's helpful to know of the problem and a possible workaround.

Tonight I have done an upgrade from Xubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 on one of my
machines as a test. After the upgrade LMS 7.9.3 is still installable and
running without issues or manual Linux configuration. It can also be
started and stopped without problems.

So I guess the OP's system is indeed missing some compatibility INIT
packages as I suggested above.

*Living Room:* HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
*Attic:* HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
*Kitchen:* SB Radio
*Other rooms:* 4x SB Radio