Here's some interesting news: despite last years announcement to remove
scripting languages in future macOS versions (see the
'https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-catalina-10_15-release-notes]\"Scripting
Language Runtimes\"'
(https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-catalina-10_15-release-notes)
section), the Big Sur beta (macOS 10.16 or 11.0 - they seem to not have
decided that yet :-)) released earlier this week still comes with Perl
pre-installed. While the default Perl version is 5.28 (which we don't
support yet), 5.18 is still there, and the LMS installer would run
perfectly fine.

30840

That's running the latest LMS 7.7. This will still need some tweaking to
work out of the box. But there's hope!

Now let's see whether they keep Perl around when Big Sur finally is
shipped...

|Filename: Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-25 um 23.55.35.png                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30840|

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log
and/or scanner.log file!"
(LMS: Settings/Information)