MainSqueeze wrote:

> Incidentally, you'll see that I've left in the "-C 0" option for now
> because, having gone through the documentation once more, I couldn't
> find any mention of it in the SoX or the FLAC manuals; does either of
> you know what "-C 0" actually does?

Code:
--------------------

  −C, −−compression FACTOR

  The compression factor for variably compressing output file formats. If this
option is not given then a default compression factor will apply. The
compression factor is interpreted differently for different compressing file
formats. See the description of the file formats that use this option in
soxformat(7) for more information.

>From http://sox.sourceforge.net/sox.html

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc), kcrw,
supla finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland