I've just been reading threads about remote streaming via VPN, but I
don't think my lack of admin privileges at my office computer is going
to let me establish the connection. Definitely don't want to open up
full control of the server over the internet.

Is there some way to do a software player that anyone could listen to
via a simple client (http://home-ip-address:xxxx/stream.mp3 or whatnot),
but have the server settings and player control protected? This way I
could establish VPN with my Android phone and control the player with
SqueezeCtrl via cellular data, to listen at work or anywhere else,
easily.

Could do an intermediary web server, if it wouldn't waste bandwidth when
the player is paused.

Probably I just need to invest in a larger cellular data plan :cool:

Cheers