bpa wrote:
> OK - I have a lot on now so won't be able to look at this again until
> weekend.  Netstat and Wireshark are still relevant and would provide
> useful info.
>
> Can you clarify another point - in first post you say- 'In this case,
> the piCorePlayer display gets stuck at "Connection being established"'-
>
> In the log you say

Code:
--------------------

*************************************************************************************************************************************
message "503 Service Unavailable"  ***************************

*************************************************************************************************************************************

--------------------

> To me this seems like there are at least two modes of behaviour.
>
> Are there multiple modes ?
> If so please - provide describe the different categories - just one
> line per category.

Yes, there are. I described them in the log.

-------
There is the first point of failure. I described it at

[20-08-18 21:27:14.8269]

There, Jivelite only display "Connection being established". I would not
rate this as a real "failure" because obviously the server does not send
audio.
-------

-------
And then, as a consequence after channel switch, with the server not
being able to do it, there is the second "mode". I desdcribed it at

[20-08-18 21:27:38.7170]

There, the server declines to provide the channel, and the LMS displays
the error message. I would not rate that as a failure, either.
-------

The error occurs in between, because the connection from the first point
of failure is not closed.

I confirmed that behaviour with netstat. Usually, when I hear the audio,
there is one connection established. During the above described "First
point of failure", I see two connections established (I assume one from
LMS, one from Squeezelite). During the second mode, I see these two
connections still active, one with state TIME_WAIT, one with state
ESTABLISHED.