mtreloar wrote:
> If it is a cross-over or digital room correction you wish to achieve, it
> is possible. I run LMS (player and server) on a NUC and send the USB
> digital audio output to an RME Fireface UFX+ "sound card". This is
> connected to a windows computer running AcourateConvolver, and outputs
> to a 2+2 Mains+Stereo Subs setup. So, the LMS is feeding a digital
> 2-channel signal that is then manipulated in a crossover with room
> correction to 4 channels.
>
> Although I use RME and Acourate, the same can be accomplished with other
> hardware and software.
>
> I suspect that  Squeezelite could be running on the Windows computer and
> output a digital signal to the RME UFX that is looped back through
> AcourateConvolver. However, I have not tried this as my LMS "player" is
> Daphile (linux only).

Thanks for this description of your setup.

My current setup is LMS on a Dell Poweredge running Ubuntu Server and
piCorePlayer running on an RPi4.   The chain is LMS -> ethernet ->
piCorePlayer -> USB DAC.  The LMS server is in my loft.  I use brutefir
on the LMS server, but only for 2-channel DRC currently.

I don't want to move the Dell close to the hi-fi.  But maybe I can use
the Dell as a file server and run LMS on the RPi4 running some other
Linux variant (like Daphile, as you mentioned).