LMS 7.9.4 NOT LOADING LIBRARY ON EXTERNAL DRIVE (IMAC OS 10.15.7):

I had been enjoying several Squeezebox Radios using LMS (often using
iPeng) for 10+ years.  After a move and upgrading my Mac to OS 10.15.x,
I hadn't run it in several years. Now I can't get LMS to recognize and
load my music library on an external drive (USB 3.0), although the
external drive appears in the media folder.  When I rescan none of the
external files are loaded. LMS recognizes and loads music files on my
System Hard Drive, but can't seem to see those on my external drives
(i've tried a few)

I've tried searching the forum and the internet for how to solve this
problem, but I haven't found a solution (or I don't understand the tech
to do so).  Can anyone help me to solve this issue?  I have more than
20,000 albums in my library, but that's never been an issue prior.

I had been checking "Use iTunes" in LMS, but since OS 10.15, iTunes is
now Music, with all those changes.  Is this the problem?  I've tried
rescanning with that both checked and unchecked.

Since I've set up my server here in my new house, I've not been able to
enjoy my networked music for a few years now - Help!  I really miss
having my complete library available through my Squeezebox Radios.   I'd
appreciate any help anyone can provide to get my system up and running
again. I'm not a power user, so I may need some help walking through
anything complex - sorry.

Many, many thanks in advance!

johnc2wa
"Charlie"