bpa wrote:
> Are good and bad files in MPEG4 format ?

Yes.

> * Metadata layout - is metadata mdat at start or end of file ?

Unsure how to check this.

> * what metadata are in the files ?
> * When you drill down to a bad track in LMS Web GUI - what "File Format"
> is shown for the file ? What metadata tags does LMS find under "View
> Tags" ?
> * Are File Format and tags different to a good track ?

They are indeed different. But know that these tracks play fine using
iTunes Home Sharing, Sonos, OpenHome, and Roon (in Trial Mode).

Bad Track screenshot:

31856

Good Track screenshot:

31857

> If the files are really 44.1Khz - *why is sox being used - that is
> invoked for resampling ?*  player.source log is needed to understand.
> What is the player ? version of squeezelite ?

Using HiFiBerryOS 20200708. Unsure how to check which version of
Squeezelite is installed. Same problems exist when streaming to Sonos
via the UPnP DLNA bridge.

> Have you got custom convert rules to upsample ?

This is a very vanilla installation. I've installed these plugins:
UPnP/DLNA bridge
UPnP/DLNA Media Interface
Chromecast Bridge

No changes were made to upsampling on my part; still using the defaults.

|Filename: Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 1.45.26 PM.jpg                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31857|