After disabling the video/image scanner the full scan indeed works
again. The video/image scanner seems related to the uPnP/DLNA Media
Interface plugin, which I have used in the past, but not anymore. It
this plugin enabled by default/out of the box?

It used to be, yes, but I disabled it a few years ago.

One question remains of course: why does the incremental scan works
fine? The root cause isn't found yet, but might be related to the
plugin.

I don't know, tbh. At first I thought it might be during the optimization step, which is only executed in the full scan.

--

Michael