It all wasn't that easy. I am working on changes to the LocalPlayer
Plugin (introducing aarch64) btw.

I figured I had to wipe the prefs/cache/db directory under /var/lib/lms,
basically starting lms from scratch,  to get going.

Well... no, that wasn't necessary. All you'd have to do is uninstall the plugin using LMS' plugin manager, restart LMS, extract the plugin, restart LMS again.

The problem is, and I've written this many times before: don't mess with the plugin manager's folders in the cache folder. If you do so, you'll feel the urge to wipe everything, because it's not easy to get out of the mess you create by messing with those folders :-).

FWIW: I'm doing this all the time. Most of my plugins actually are symlinks to a git clone folder put in the Plugins folder. By adding/removing the links I can quickly add/remove plugins during development.

--

Michael