I can stream MQA files from Qobuz (albums from the 2L label) through LMS
and the MQA icon on my DAC lights up - the problem seems to be that LMS
won't select the better than Redbook stream on Tidal - personally, I
don't need LMS to have any MQA functionality, just pass the stream from
Tidal to my DAC unaltered as it does for Qobuz.

I'm telling TIDAL to send the best quality stream available to the user. That's a value which is returned by TIDAL, on which I can't have any influence.

I've added some logging to see what values we're getting there. And up to this point I've only had "high" (lossy) and "lossless", but not "hi_res". Maybe no client with higher abilities has come across this server instance yet.

--

Michael