jura.dolezal wrote:
> So, it is a little long history. I'm using LMS for ten years with
> Squeezebox. By my opinion LMS with your plugins is the best solution for
> music playing. I have DSM918+ station. I made upgrade From DMS 6.2 to
> DMS 7.0 beta system and later I discovered that is impossible to use LMS
> on DMS 7.0.Oh, fuck. I bought older DS216 play and install directly LSM
> 8.0... Next surprise. Your plugins doesn't work. Today I unistaled LMS
> 8.0 and instaled 7.9.2. All plugins is working corectly. Do you think
> that I can install LMS 8.0 now? Is possible to make any backup of LMS
> settings? Thank you!

I’ll let someone who is familiar with running LMS on Synology devices
answer what your best options are, I’m personally not familiar with
using LMS on Synology devices. Generally if upgrading LMS on Synology
doesn’t delete existing plugins it might work if you upgrade, but please
note that running them on 8.* is unsupported and they might break in the
future even if they seem to work right now, more information about using
them on 8.* is available in this post:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836

In LMS 8.1 there is an option in LMS to activate installation of
unsupported plugins and by activating this it’s possible to install some
of my plugins on a new (or upgraded) installation of LMS 8.1

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
)