DanielTheGreat wrote:
> I first reported this (to Logitech) in 2007, shortly after buying two
> SB3 units (Logitech were selling off the Slim branded ones for a good
> price!).  They agreed it was a bug, but did nothing about it (surprise,
> surprise!).
>
> It has existed in every version of LMS (and its predecessors) I've ever
> had.  I'm currently running Logitech Media Server Version: *8.1.1 -
> 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:14:13 WEST 2021*.  I play a playlist (.m3u)
> created by myself, containing about 31,000 tracks.  The vast majority
> are 'pop' music with tracks typically between two and five minutes long,
> though I don't think that is material for this malfunction.  Most of the
> time I operate using the remote control with the SB3 player.
>
> *Steps to reproduce the problem (using SB3 and remote):*
> 1. Press PLAY to start playing tracks from the playlist
> 2. Part-way through any song, press the SLEEP button once
> 3. (Display should momentarily show: "Sleeping at end of song".  Note
> the currently playing track)
> 4. Any time after the player has stopped (at the end of the song), press
> PLAY and note what song starts playing.
>
> For me, nine times out of 10 it will the *same* song that was playing
> when I pressed SLEEP.  This is wrong – it should be the *next* song!
>
> If others can please confirm the same behaviour for them, I would
> greatly appreciate it if the server software maintainers could fix the
> bug, as I use this sleep function frequently and its misbehaviour really
> *bugs* me! :-)

Just tested this using my Squeezebox Classic and it's remote. Classic is
on my desk between the keyboard and the computer monitor.

Playlist of 582 tracks is playing.
Press the sleep button once, display momentarily shows "Sleeping at end
of song".
At the end of that track, play stops.

*But* - Looking at the playlist in the web gui, as soon as the track
finishes, the next track in the list is highlighted (material skin), so
if I press the "Play" button on the remote it does actually play the
next track.

I have repeated this seven times.

*Server - LMS 8.2.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Garage* - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi