mherger wrote:
> > So why am I not getting the higher sampling rate?  Or is the Tidal
> > plug-in always downsample everything to 16/44.1K?
>
> There's no limitation in the implementation. We simply tell TIDAL to
> send HI_RES or LOSSLESS (depending on subscription), and then we play
> back whatever we receive.

Using Roon, I noticed that sometimes there are 2 albums, one with
16/44.1 and the other one with MQA, but also labelled with something
like 24/48K FLAC.

With Roon, you see which one has the word "Master" next to the album,
but with LMS, there is no way to tell.

I'm using the Hi-Fi subscription.

When 2 versions of the same album are available, I tried to play both
versions, and both of them are being streamed as 44.1K to me, as seen on
my DAC.

So if you request LOSSLESS, is there a way to capture the bit depth and
sample rate info, so that can be displayed on iPeng? Right now, all I
see is "File Format: FLAC (Tidal)".

Would be wonderful if I can see "File Format: FLAC 24/48K" or something
like that.

Or maybe the search function of the Tidal plug-in is not locating the
higher-res version?