thewebgal wrote:
> Well, the issue with that is if I update iTunes with a new CD every week
> or so, I have to copy the updated files each time - where if I could
> just point to itunes and the XML directory file, it would just "see" the
> updates with a rescan, and not need redundant copies of the same files.
> There is an iTunes plugin - just not sure what format to use in the
> location fields to point it to another server on the network.

Modern iTunes is reported as no longer producing the XML file
automatically.
In any case - take a look inside it with a text editor and you will see
the way that the path to the files is written.
LMS needs to be able to read the files. The iTunes XML is simply a
listing showing where to find them.

So you will need to share out the file system where the files are stored
so that the system where LMS is can mount it.
That is the first step that you will need to do whether or not you use
the iTunes XML.

Paul Webster
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, abc
australia and cbc/radio-canada
and, via the extra \"radio now playing\" plugin lots more - see
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115201-announce-radio-now-playing-plugin