carsten_h wrote:
> I am using a 1:1 copy of my Music (before it was iTunes) library for
> LMS. I am using this because my Mac Pro has not to stay on and I also
> have another backup of the library.
> This drive is mounted read only to my LMS Pi (with piCorePlayer).
> So there should be no problem to use your iTunes library directly from
> you Mac.
> I think you can simply mount the start of your iTunes library
> (.../Media/Music) to your Pi and use that as the start for LMS. You
> don't have to use the Library XML path. But if you change something in
> your library you have to do a rescan with LMS. Depending what you
> changed (like changing tags of the music files) you have to do a full
> rescan. If you just added an album, you can scan for new files.
Thanks - but my MacPro does run 24/7 - it runs my home automation
(mostly light sequencing) and such,
so rather than copy my 2TB library of iTunes (which I just updated with
a new CD yesterday)
I want to look at the library at /Volumes/iTunaCuda-2TB/iTunes/Music/
and use the 110MB xml file at /Users/username/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music
Library.xml