d6jg wrote:
> Bear in mind I have an Onkyo with DLNA/Airplay/Chromecast yet I choose
> to plug a Pi into it. There is a solid reason for doing so and you are
> discovering what it is.
> A lot of people have managed to get their upnp devices attached and
> working with Phillipe’s bridge but it is fiddly and it’s nothing to do
> with the bridge it’s the fact that upnp is crap!
> Don’t give up on LMS though. It’s only (arguably) bettered by Roon but
> it’s now only a close thing and the FOC nature of LMS makes it the
> winner imho.

I would recommend to not apply "Onkyo" specific parameters to start
with. I have "mixed feelings" about this feature and I'm wondering if I
should not remove it. So erase your config and start from scratch, see
if it plays. And yes, UPnP is a pain... and Roon does not support it so
people use my bridge even in Roon :)

I usually recommend starting with a simple set of mp3 or flac tracks
first and see if that works. But I understand you might not have
patience for that in which case, use AirPlay if possible on that model
and if you don't like AirPlay then probably bin the whole idea before
you get too upset and angry at LMS

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3