uarnutz wrote:
> Linux Mint requires me to launch this from the terminal, at least
> initially. When I do so it fails to launch and generates the following
> messages:
> $ sudo /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver

don't start LMS directly (esp. not as root, as the msg tells you)
start the service instead e.g.
sudo systemctl start logitechmediaserver

> [22-02-12 16:47:53.4843] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::init (124)
> Warning: Can't listen on port 3483 for Slim protocol: Address already in
> use at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 124.

This means LMS is already running. reboot and try again.

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | Text
Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar
Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer |
Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...