uarnutz wrote:
> ....Looks like I need the basic user guide to this. I see the LMS
> referred to all over the place but, not much on its basic functionality.

Getting started with LMS can be a challenge. Much has changed, just in
the past few years, and recent changes are not necessarily well
documented, because many are still works in progress.

For starters, you might look at the LMS section in the 'Squeezebox wiki'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server.html).
Just be aware that much of what's there is now out of date, There's
still some good information there, but it will be hard to know which is
still good. It will, however, give you some historical perspective, if
you're interested in that.

As for getting to know LMS as it works today, the best way I can think
of is to load the LMS web interface as I mentioned previously at
LMS_IP:9000 (NOT in a mobile browser!) and then use the link at lower
right to go to the Settings page. Explore the tabs on the Settings page.
Many of the options available there have information boxes that will pop
up when you hover the mouse pointer over the "i" icon. There's a lot of
useful information you can find that way, and it's (mostly) guaranteed
to be current.

And when you encounter something baffling, you can always ask about it
in these forums.

LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players,
occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.