mherger wrote:

> Your choice. But you seem to suffer real problems with your choice,
> asking for help about them, while SD card corruption and "Pi is no
> better" are purely assumptions. Moving from an ARMv5 based NAS to a Pi3B
>
> was like night and day. And that Pi has been running flawlessly on the
> same SD card since January 2017.

I don't see where my choice of platform comes into this bug report. All
SB devices are perfectly capable of handling various types of compressed
streams as offered through MySqueezebox. From my point of view it is a
strange choice with installing a local LMS to disregard that
functionality in the player and concentrate all of the processing power
associated with decompression onto a single machine that unlike the
players needs to be always on. Keeping the CPU load distributed means I
can safely run my home automation system on the same machine as LMS
while with transcoding centralized I would have to move that to a second
machine to avoid a possible struggle over CPU time.

PS How long ago was it that you rebooted that Pi? Typical reports about
SD card failure state that data turns out to be missing after a reboot.
That is because memory cards and USB sticks usually do not report write
failures that are caused by a memory location having become fixed and so
whatever you think is written on it may in reality only exist in disk
cache.