andyg Wrote: 
> I'm glad to hear the login issues seem to be resolved.  The default
> session expiration has been extended to 1 day if you don't use
> 'Remember me', and if you check the box you shouldn't have to login for
> 1 year. :)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. Now that you mention this, I think I might have an
idea what was wrong in the first place!

You see, my timezone is GMT+8. Perhaps your session expiration logic
assumes everybody comes from the USA (or perhaps Europe). And since I'm
logging in from Asia, my date is usually the next day compared to the
USA date (abt 12-16hrs ahead of USA time)... hence the server always
thinks I'm expired!?

This would explain why I had the same login problem on all 10+ PCs that
I tried logging in from - because they're all in the same country and
timezone! And perhaps there are very few people in this
country/timezone that owns a squeezebox, that's why nobody else
(besides carram) has reported this problem!

I believe that should be it, since I just tried logging in without
checking the "remember me" box, and I'm logged in fine (with your
expiry now set to 1 day)!

Perhaps you should check the session expiry logic - it should be
comparing dates with timezone taken into account?

Anyway, thanks once again!


-- 
Newb
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newb's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=3480
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20474

_______________________________________________
squeezenetwork mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/squeezenetwork

Reply via email to