mherger wrote:
> > Though - unless I'm misunderstanding - the advantage of the MYSb
> method
> > (if it could be made to still work for saving!) is that I have only
> > keep those saved favorites up-to-date at a single web location, and
> they
> > are then available on every device connected to any of my LMS
> > installations.  That is, the LMSs automatically are showing the same
> > available favorite streams.
>
> I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned. But IIRC you can tell
> mysb.com to NOT scan a URL when adding it. You'd have to append
> "#slim:noscan=1" to the URL. Eg.
>
> mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/radio1/radio1_nb_e1s1#slim:noscan=1
>
> -
>
> Michael

Ha - very cunning!  That has worked for me, but with a twist.  By adding
that to the end of my desired BBC R3 stream mentioned above, MySB would
indeed now save it as a Favorite.  However, though I could see it under
MySB Favorites on my local LMS, it would not play.

I then noticed that the URL had been changed as I saved it: A) the <
#slim:noscan=1 > had been stripped off the end (expected?); but B) the <
iplayer://live?hls= >  had been stripped off the start of the URL (not
by clumsy mouse-work on my part, I don't think!).  By then manually
editing the MySB-saved URL to the correct form - as below - it now both
plays via an LMS-connected player, and displays the track info.
Amazing!  Fiddly - but amazing!

iplayer://live?hls=http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/nonuk/sbr_low/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8&dash=http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/nonuk/dash_low/ak/bbc_radio_three.mpd&icon=http://radio-service-information.api.bbci.co.uk/logos/bbc_radio_three/600x600.png&radiovis=fm/ce1/c203/09100&onair=bbc_radio_three

-

AGB

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.6 - 1521467459 @ Thu Mar 29 16:46:01
WEDT 2018
Operating system: Windows 10
Music Library: external SD, exFAT (FLAC music; mp3 voice)

USA:
LinkSys WRT54GS Router, WPA2
1 x Touch, LAN (Firmware:7.7.3-r16676)
Controller: 7.7.2-r9663

France:
Sagem Livebox 2FR, or Freebox
1 x SB3, wireless. (Firmware 137)
2 x Touch, 1 wireless, 1 LAN. (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
Controller: 7.7.1-r9557
3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 usually LAN]: 7.7.3-r16676