On 1/11/23 09:59, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 2023-10-31 15:39, Francesco Chemolli wrote:
Before we can migrate ..., we need to deprecate, cleanup and simplify a lot.

Do you really, really _need_ to "deprecate, cleanup, and simplify a lot" in order to stop mirroring tomorrow?! Start doing new minor releases on GitHub a month from now? FWIW, I have asked for specifics many times, but am still unaware of any serious obstacles on the way to those goals.

As I have mentioned multiple times ... there is a reason we have Jenkins building the tarballs.

Please run the following commands:

wget https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/archive/refs/tags/SQUID_6_3.tar.gz &&
        tar -xvf SQUID_6_3.tar.gz &&
        ./configure &&
        make check

AFAICT, there is just lack of shared goals (or shared priorities) rather than serious obstacles on the way of achieving those two specific goals.

FWIW, one of those goals that we appear not to share is freedom of information ... specifically to have Squid code available to everyone. There exist countries in this world who forbid access to USA hosted content. Having squid-cache.org mirrored keeps us largely out of the political arean.

Cheers
Amos