On 24/01/11 23:09, Michael Hendrie wrote:

On 24/01/2011, at 8:17 PM, Saiful Alam wrote:

OK I have kept your suggestion in my mind, but right now I'm not in
a position to buy two HDD's. May be I can afford to buy 15 days
later. For the time being, my prime problem is the loading of two
major sites from where my users download mp3. Those are

www.music.com.bd   and   www.djmaza.com

Seems to load fine for me but that doesn't mean your slow = my fine.

I had issues with some random sites being "slow" with 3.1.10 and
tracked it down to squid trying to get AAAA records for the problem
sites (or objects pulled from other sites).  Not sure why this was
occurring as IPv6 is not enabled on the OS.  I didn't investigate too
much and just recompiled with --disable-ipv6 as it wasn't needed.
Doing so resolved my slow sites issue.

Seems like you actually had IPv6 partially enabled in the OS, and maybe a break in DNS or MTU.

When Squid 3.1.10 starts up it probes the OS network capabilities to see
if IPv6 connections can be made. When they are possible it enables
things like AAAA to use those connections. --disable-ipv6 merely sets the result of that test to always be false.

With a reasonably fast DNS response time (under a half second) AAAA lookups will not be noticeable.

With working MTU there will be almost zero lag from opening and attempting IPv6 connections on an IPv4-only network.

Don't know the reason, but music.com.bd loads very slow. And in
firebug i see that the problem persists while loading 3 ads from
ads.clicksor.com and some facebook widgets. Can you please check

There you have the problem by the looks of it.

Ad servers are very bad for being slow. They usually do a lot of processing or slow operations in the background before replying. Due to their tracking desires they do not permit proxies to cache and speed up their results. Some are more noticeable than others.

Facebook is designed in a similar way which also suffers from these heavy processing delay problems on the APIs. But they do seem to be emitting useful cache controls on the static bits to avoid that.

You have a choice:
 put up with it
or
 block those URL from being fetched.

and try to load these two domains if you're running a Squid 3.1.X
version and see if everything is alright from your end.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4