On 3/02/2012 11:53 a.m., Sebastian Muniz wrote:
On 2/2/2012 2:49 PM, mailing list subscriber wrote:
A good starting point can be a walkthrough the five popular browsers' error messages (some of them are particularly notorios for hijacking the server error responses): Opera, Safari, IE, Firefox, Chrome - Is this a good enough suggestion? :)
Just a thought: I don't really like the error errors web browsers show. There is a whole set of structured http errors and all of them are for a reason. Replacing them with a cool message saying: We feel awfully sorry for the inconvenience bla bla bla it is a problem more than a help. If somebody is unable to understand what a 302 status message means, I don't think squid should do anything about that.

Just my two cents.
Sebastian

Right. These errors do make it into the view of people without any technical knowledge though. So each of our pages has those technical details and should have a simplified "this means" description for people who can't understand the technical bits. The non-technical wording could stil do with clarification in a lot of cases, just need to find which ones are confusing and fix them.