Hi Amos,

Thanks for your help on this...

I've had to change tack on this in light of what you have said and
have now got NTLM authentication working.

- any form of http authentication is going to kick up a login box -
there is no way round this, right?

With , NTLM I am now getting the NTLM login 3 times before it lets me
in (apparently this is normal)

Can you recommend the best/least bad approach to go for here? I;m
setting up a guest wireless system, and I just want a way to get (non
domain) devices to get a chance to login to get an internet
connection, but all the ways I've found have major flaws.

- LDAP basic authentication works fine but is insecure
- LDAP digest requires a new type of password hash to be set up in my
directory services
- NTLM requires 3 login attempts

Or do I move away from http authentication entirely?

thanks in advance,

Jim
UK