I am trying to log denied sites. Below is some of the destination
classes in my configuration file.
On starting squid the porn.log and hack.log are created but even if a
denied URL is accessed there
are no entries in either porn.log or hack.log. I think there was a bug
on earlier versions of squid
I am using 2.4STABLE1. I'm sure there is something simple I am missing...

dest porn {
        domainlist      blacklists/porn/domains
        urllist         blacklists/porn/urls
        expressionlist  blacklists/porn/expressions
        redirect
http://ppg-energy.knu.uk.power.alstom.com/cgi-bin/squidG
uard-blkurl.cgi?clientaddr=%a&clientname=%n&clientident=%i&srcclass=%s&targetcla
ss=%t&url=%u
        logfile         porn.log
}

dest hacking {
        domainlist      blacklists/hacking/domains
        urllist         blacklists/hacking/urls
        redirect
http://ppg-energy.knu.uk.power.alstom.com/cgi-bin/squidG
uard-blkurl.cgi?clientaddr=%a&clientname=%n&clientident=%i&srcclass=%s&targetcla
ss=%t&url=%u
        logfile         hack.log
}

Regards,
Malc Holden
(Solaris) Systems Engineer
IT Services, Alstom Power, Block B2, Booths Hall, Knutsford, WA16 8GE, UK

http://www.power.alstom.com
Fax: 01565 758547