Super Size Me

Wednesday, July 5

7:30 pm

$5 Donation Accepted

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

SUPER SIZE ME

Presented by Christine Morrissey
East Bay Animal Advocates

Why are Americans so fat? Find out in this funny film, a tongue in-
cheek and burger-in-hand look at the physical, legal, and financial
costs of America's hunger for fast food. Ominously, 37% of American
children and adolescents are carrying too much fat and two out of
every three adults are overweight or obese. Is it our fault for
lacking self-control or are the fast-food corporations to blame?
Filmmaker Morgan Spurlock hit the road and interviewed experts in
twenty U.S. cities, including Houston, the "Fattest City" in America.
 From Surgeon Generals to gym teachers, cooks to kids, lawmakers to
legislators, these authorities shared their research, opinions, and
"gut feelings" on our ever-expanding girth. During the journey,
Spurlock also put his own body on the line and lived on nothing but
McDonald' s for an entire month. It all adds up to a fat food bill,
harrowing visits to the doctor, and compelling viewing for anyone
who's ever wondered if man could liveon fast food alone. http://
www.supersizeme.com

Before and after the film, everyone's invited to indulge in our
Humanist Coffee House

$5 donations are accepted

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Humanist Hall
390  27th  Street
midtown Oakland
510-393-5685
http://www.HumanistHall.net

click on the link "Directions" on our website

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
925-487-4419
http://www.eastbayanimaladvocates.org

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

art, culture and technology from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small organizations

The Squid List is licensed under a Creative Commons License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/