----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

QComedy Pride Eve Showcase

Saturday, June 24th

7:30 doors, 8 pm show

$8-$15 cash sliding scale

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

Special Saturday night Pride Eve comedy showcase features Karen
Ripley and  Tom Ammiano, plus Sean Hetherington, Dana Cory, Angie
Krass, Erin Souza, and Ronn Vigh.

Karen Ripley has been performing stand-up comedy for two decades, and
offers impeccable timing and deadpan delivery. If you ask why she
performs gay and lesbian humor, it's "because I don't want my career
to go anywhere I decided to do gay and lesbian comedy because I don't
ever want to be rich and famous, and it's working." However, she
adds, "queer humor may change the world, and that's really what it's
all about." Ripley has been teaching improvisation to children and
adults for 20 years. More info about Karen is available at http://
www.karenripley.com/

Tom Ammiano is a member and past President of the San Francisco Board
of Supervisors.  Known as "The mother of gay comedy", he has been a
stand-up comedian since 1980 and performed at the Valencia Rose and
Josie's Cabaret.

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Jon Sims Center
1519 Mission St
San Francisco

http://www.jonsimsctr.org

Between 11th St and South Van Ness, one block from Market and Van
Ness. Plenty of free street parking, on or near MUNI lines 9, 14, 47,
49, 71, F, N, etc.

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
415-541-5610
http://www.qcomedy.com

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

art, culture and technology from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small organizations

The Squid List is licensed under a Creative Commons License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/