----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

The Marsh presents Roy Zimmerman in "Faulty Intelligence" (Correction)

6/21/06-7/27/06

8.00pm

$15-22 Sliding Scale

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

Roy Zimmerman's "Faulty Intelligence" plays WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY &
FRIDAY JUNE 21-23 AND WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY JUNE 28-29. Armed only
with a guitar, a strident baritone and wicked sense of rhyme and
ridicule, "FAULTY INTELLIGENCE" includes a love song to the sexiest
man alive, "Dick Cheney," a lesson in "Creation Science 101" and a
portrait in song of "Jerry Falwell's God."

Roy Zimmerman has been writing satirical songs for twenty years. He's
shared the stage with George Carlin, Bill Maher, Kate Clinton, Dennis
Miller, Sandra Tsing Loh, kd lang, Andy Borowitz and Paul Krassner.
He also played a series of shows swapping songs with The Pixies'
Frank Black. While living in LA, Zimmerman wrote the semi-
autobiographical song "I'm Fired" for the Los Angeles Theatre Works
production of "Fired!" and performed the show in Los Angeles and Off-
Broadway at New York's Second Stage Theatre

Zimmerman founded and wrote all the material for the satirical folk
quartet The Foremen, who recorded for Warner Reprise throughout the
Nineties. As a solo artist, he's released four albums, and there's a
fifth, "Faulty Intelligence" which came out in(May, 2006. "I hope it
gets good reviews," he says, "but mostly I hope it gets denied under
oath by Karl Rove."

"Zimmerman displays a lacerating wit and keen awareness of society's
foibles that bring to mind a latter-day Tom Lehrer." Los Angeles Times.

"I congratulate Roy Zimmerman on reintroducing literacy to comedy
songs. And the rhymes actually rhyme, they don't just 'rhyne'.'" Tom
Lehrer

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

The Marsh, Berkeley
2120 Allston Way near Shattuck
Berkeley
415-641-0235
www.themarsh.org

Off Shattuck.  One block for Berkeley Bart Station.

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
415-826-5750
www.themarsh.org

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

art, culture and technology from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small organizations

The Squid List is licensed under a Creative Commons License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/