Emmanuel Dreyfus <m...@netbsd.org> wrote:

> This short patch adds a few improvement to imapproxy SSL client
> - TLSv1.2 support if OpenSSL supports it

I realize that part is broken for the general case:
TLSv1_2_client_method() only negociate TLSv1.2 and will fail if server
does not support it.

The right way seems to use SSLv23_client_method(), which negociate the
highest available version, which includes TLSv1.2, despite what the
method name suggest. That page makes it clear (even if it does not talk
about 1.2): http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_new.html

II will post a new patch that uses SSLv23_client_method(). TLS version
can still be controlled by SSL_CTX_set_options() with
SSL_OP_NO_(SSLv2|SSLv3|TLSv1|TLSv1_1|TLSv1_2). Do we want an option to
control the protocol version, or just picking the best is just good
enough?

If we do not provide an option, I think we want to disable SSLv2, which
is well known to be insecure, and SSLv3, which was not supported by
imapproxy before. Feedback is welcome.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz