Please reply *on list* so others can benefit.

I have been trying to get Squirrelmail working with Courier-Imap

and


have hit a wall. If I manually test access to the imap server with a,

telnet myimapserver 143
a001 LOGIN username password

(everything works just fine.)

However when I try the same thing with Squirrelmail 1.4.4 I get a
error of:
"Unknown user or password incorrect"
This would be understandable if this were true. However it is not
since I can manually access the imap server and LOGIN just fine.
I even tried a different imap server with the same error.
(Even though I could manually authenticate with the imap server fine.)

Having said all this can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Try enabling debug in courier. It'll log the username and password that's passed to it. I'll bet that will point you to what you've misconfigured.

Marc,
First thanks for the reply. Having set logging in courier-imap I can see the password string is never being sent. (Squirrelmail 1.4.4)
This even though it is entered in login.php. So it is on the
Squirrelmail side of things. (Confirmed by trying the same procedure with dovecot imapd.) Isn't this odd when one can see that the Username is being sent to the imapd server but
not the password. (Even though it is really entered in the Password field.) I would have thought that the same php routine would be called to post this info for imapd LOGIN.
Therefore the name password pair should have been sent no?

allow cookies.

Hello, Tried that. No dice.

verify with:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=235

Make sure PHP error dispalys are turned on or check apache logs and check your session support in your PHP build.


------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click -- squirrelmail-users mailing list Posting Guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/wiki.php?MailingListPostingGuidelines List Address: [email protected] List Archives: http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user List Archives: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995 List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users

Reply via email to