Hello,

On 19/10/10 11:36, Bob Self wrote:
> I hope that I get posting correct this time. I'm sending this from
> gmail.

I'm not sure what gmail is. Is that somehow related to squirrelmail? If
it isn't feel free to explain me off-list, I presume that if it's not
related to squirrelmail, that it shouldn't be discussed here. I am
however curious.

> I have:
> SM 1.4.13
> compatibility-2.0.16-1.0
> change_passwd-4.0-1.2.8

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=117 That's the plugin you're
using, and having troubles with, right? What does it say about
'requires?' And which version of the compatibility plugin are you using?

> I get this error:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function compatibility_check_plugin_setup() in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/change_passwd/functions.php on line 28
>
> is asked many times. What is the real answer?

42. Have you tried my previous suggestion?

 One solution is to use a
> different version of change_passwd apparently modified by someone
> else. Another solution is for the end user to edit the php code on
> their system. That doesn't seem right. So, I can't find the answer.

First: what's an end user? The php is very likely to be executed on a
different machine to which the end user has very limited access (ie:
only to the webmail client...). Second: what kind of license is
Squirrelmail licensed under? "we do not attempt to limit your rights to
use, improve, learn from, share, or even sell the software." So it seems
that what seems not right might be right in the end.

> You pointed me to the compatibility page. Are you saying that I need
> to change the compatibility plugin to a 1.x version? If so, which
> version?

See above.

If you think it's more appropriate to update said change_passwd
extension to use a more recent compatibility plugin, you are free to
make it happen. Maybe you want to have a look at other password
extensions which might be more appropriate for you (I don't know your
situation, so I can't suggest anything specific). Have a look here:
http://squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=5

I hope I've helped you on the right track,

Kwadronaut

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):